Madinat Zayed Power Station
- Madinat Zayed Power Station was established in 1977 and commenced operations with five diesel GM engine units. Each unit has a capacity of 2 MW with a total capacity of 10 MW.
- In 1982, two additional diesel GM engine units were added. Each has a capacity of 2 MW with a total capacity 4 MW.
- In 1986 three diesel engine KHD units were added. Each with a capacity 4 MW with a total capacity 12 MW.
- In 1991, the first Stewart & Stevenson gas turbines begun with a total capacity of 16 MW .
- In 1993, two European Gas Turbine (EGT ) gas turbine units commenced operations. Each with a capacity of 30 MW, with a total capacity 60 MW.
- In 1994, all KHD units were transferred to Ser Banyas Island.
- In 1997 , two gas turbine units were transferred from the canceled Liwa Power Station to Madinat Zayed Power Station. One was a Stewart & Stevenson unit with a capacity 16 MW and the other one was a Kanis European with a capacity 22 MW.
- Since 1998, Madinat Zayed Power Station has five gas turbine units with a total capacity 108 MW.